MARKIT Group often creates Fan Pages for clients which are leveraged to increase their brand visibility. Have you considered creating Fan Pages for a specific event in lieu of using the Event Tab option? Enjoy this quick case study that shows the benefits of utilizing a customized Facebook Fan Page to enjoy event and sponsorship success.
Waterside Shops, a high-end, luxury shopping and dining destination in Southwest Florida.
“Craving Fashion” – An annual food and fashion extravaganza.
MARKIT GROUP’S ROLE:
MARKIT Group was tasked with handling all PR, social media, sponsorship and event production for “Craving Fashion,” a new annual food and fashion event with a non-profit connection. The event benefits two local charities in Southwest Florida – St Matthew’s House and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
(1) Development Goal – Create and develop a signature event that includes food and fashion to target Naples, Florida area year-round residents in partnership with Waterside Shops and Entrée Magazine, a local publication focused on the local food and dining scene. This event also kicks off the client’s “First Friday” event series.
(2) Attendance Goal – 150 VIP guests, 350 general admittance guests.
(3) Sponsorship Goal – Develop a sponsorship package that creates channel strategy opportunities while raising funds and awareness for both charities. Develop long-term relationships with sponsors and participants.
(4) Public Relations – Leverage all methods to achieve PR success, including pre- and post-event publicity, online PR methods and social media.
(5) Brand Management – Create a consistent brand and image that can be utilized annually.
UNIQUE FACEBOOK ACTIONS TAKEN:
- Page Creation and Maintenance – A Facebook page was created for Craving Fashion, along with the utilization of customized tabs to highlight sponsors, participants, PR, and more. Pages were leveraged for the event by using social media to help achieve event goals such as increased attendance, ticket sales, and overall brand awareness.
- Sponsor and Restaurant Tabs – The dedicated Sponsor and Restaurant Participant Tabs provided increased visibility for sponsors, which also included live links to their websites or Facebook Page. Both will appreciate the additional web traffic generated from the links, which ultimately helps them with brand recognition and potential revenue.
- PR Tab – The customized PR Tab allows posting of all pre- and post-event publicity, while adding to the credibility and increased positive perception of the event.
- Brand Integration – The cover photo, profile picture and tab images are customized according to the corporate design scheme for the event (purple shades and gold font, in this case).
- Leveraging Partners – Naturally, creating the page is only “phase one” of a successful launch – leveraging the myriad of channel partners (30+ restaurant participants, models, vendors, sponsors, guest judges) to help increase fans is a primary goal.
Consider utilizing a custom Fan Page to showcase your next event! If you have any questions about creating a customized Facebook Page, feel free to call us at 800-755-6441, or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nannette Staropoli, CEO MARKIT-Group
Dimitrios Settos, International Marketing & PR Assistant MARKIT-Group