Facebook has rolled out a new feature this fall called Promoted Posts. Ordinarily, users’ news feeds deliver the content Facebook thinks they’ll find most interesting. But with Promoted Posts, Facebook puts your post higher in the news feed, so it has a better chance of your audience seeing it.
Here’s how it works:
1) When you write a post, look beneath it where your Like, Comment, and Share options live. To the right you’ll now see a new option, Promote.
2) Choose a payment method, or use your existing Facebook credits if you have a balance.
3) Set your budget: this is a lifetime (not daily) budget, and the higher you set it, the further your reach will go.
3) Click save.
4) Finish writing or editing your post, then publish it.
5) If you’re on your business’s Facebook page, you can also click Promote beneath any post there, and go through the same steps.
A few extra notes:
If your page has fewer than 400 likes, you cannot promote your posts.
If your profile has 5,000 or more friends and subscribers, you cannot promote posts.
As of right now, it isn’t possible to change the dates or times of promoted posts. The posts will run until they’re no longer eligible to be shown in viewers’ news feeds.